What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

7 Jan 2012

Vittoria Open Pave Evo CG review: Jan 2012 update

It's been over a year since I fitted a pair of Vittoria Open Pave Evo CG to my Kiron Scandium road race bike.


The tyres have been great in all the conditions I face throughout a typical year of British weather and roads.

It is a very comfortable tyre, very grippy in the wet, predictable even at freezing temperatures, and so far very reliable. But I haven't done many miles on it: I have only covered about 1,500 miles on this pair since Oct 2010.

The only information of interest to potential buyers is that the tyres, as already mentioned, has a very soft tread which obviously is subject to be cut more easily by road debris.

This is a cut on the rear tyre, caused by some barbed wire I cycled over on a cycle lane in Wokingham, which didn't result in a puncture.


The tread pattern is worn but there is still plenty of rubber underneath.

This cut on the front tyre was the result of a flint embedding itself in the tyre and did cause a puncture.


It happened after riding a mile on a detour through a gravel path: more cyclo cross than road riding.

A similar puncture happened with my previous pair of Continental GP 4000S, also caused by a flint caught on a gravel path.

No comments:

Post a Comment