What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

12 Jan 2012

Time to fit winter tyres, again...

I had winter tyres (Schwalbe Marathon Winter) fitted for most of December 2011 and it didn't snow. It was icy at times, certainly cold enough to justify having winter tyres fitted, but I had yet to experience the beauty and joy of riding on snow covered roads this winter.


As the weather got milder during the Christmas break, I switched back to the tyres I regularly ride on all year round.

This week end though, the BBC weather forecast is promising a dip in temperatures in the South East, well below freezing.


I have just finished fitting the winter tyres back on my folding bike, and I noticed that one of the studs has nearly fallen off:


I manage to reseat the stud back in the tyre, which was originally mounted on the rear. I had already lost two studs in just over 100 miles from the front tyre, but fortunately none from the rear yet. As there are more than 160 studs on each tyre, I am not too worried at the moment. Please bear in mind these are 20 inch tyres, and are therefore under a lot more stress and need to be kept at higher pressures than their 26 and 28 inch cousins.

I really hope it is going to snow soon, I am really looking forward to some fun this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment