What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

13 Jan 2012

The bottle cage that is not a cage (Vincero Design bottle cage)

I just saw a report from the London Bike Show 2012 where a new kind of bottle 'cage' was presented: the Vincero (italian for 'I will win') bottle holder.



http://www.vincero-design.com/

What I like about this bottle holder design is that it is exactly what folding bikes need: the compact design allows mounting a bottle which can be quickly detached without affecting the overall folded package.

The bottle is held in place by a strong magnet and the shape of the slot on the bottle. Similar to the Dahon Magnetix system that holds my folding bike folded.

The only draw back I can think of, for now, is the fact that only a Vincero bottle fits this design of bottle holder.

But if the design catches on, and other manufacturers decide to produce compatible bottles, then this has the potential of satisfying quite a range of applications.

I am impressed. But what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment