What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

6 Jan 2017

The Ice Spiker are back for 2017

The temperatures here in the South East of England have again dipped below zero, and I decided the time had come to prepare my commuter for the imminent snow.

I dug out my old set of Schwalbe Ice Spiker from the shed, and fitted them just before the the first commute to work of the year 2017.


The first time I used the Ice Spiker was in 2010.

Since then, I have only used them a handful of times in 2012 before investing in a set of Schwalbe Marathon Winter tyres for my folding bike, which I reviewed.
As the winters are getting colder again, I suspect we might see snow this year.
It normally snows around February in the South East of England, but a few days ago the ground was so slippery I could not ride down my driveway without sliding on black ice.

Fortunately I remembered to set the tyre pressure correctly and these tyres only add about 5 minutes to my 20 minute commute, which I personally think is perfectly acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment