What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

9 Jan 2017

Slave to the weather forecast

Today I looked at the weather forecast for the next few days.
As you can see from the pictures below, the weather this week seemed a lot milder then the past two weeks.

 

Rain forecast for most of the week, and temperatures well above zero until Friday.

This made me think that maybe I was better off swapping back my old commuter tyres, a set of Schwalbe Marathon Supreme, in place of the Ice Spiker.

So I started the process of changing tyres which I am not very fond of, especially considering I am still running innertubes on my commuter.

The process was quite laborious but eventually the Supreme are back on, and the Ice Spiker back in the cupboard.

I took this opportunity to assess wear and tear on the studs in the Ice Spiker. 
As you can see from the pictures below, the wear is fairly consistent front and rear, with the centre studs obviously quite worn out yet still able to provide some bite in the ice, and the studs on the side knobs instead still looking pretty good.

I 

 

 

Now I was quite happy to return to a more comfortable and smoother ride thanks to the slicker tyres.

And then this happens!

 

So now I booked some time in the diary to swap the Ice Spiker tyres back on the commuter on Tuesday, ready for the commute on Thursday!!

Sometimes I hate the weather forecast!

No comments:

Post a Comment