What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

20 Jul 2010

Ergon GC2 grips review

A great improvement to my daily commute has recently been replacing my old and consumed Specialized lock-on XC grips (light, thin and round) with some beefier Ergon GC2 grips, which come with stubby bar-ends.


The idea of fitting bar ends came after a couple of days when, by grabbing the end of the bar (palms facing inwards, not downwards), and tucking my elbows in, I was able to hold a much more aerodynamic posture for a couple of hours, and increase my best average commuting speed from 19.0 to 20.5 mph. Consistently.

The Ergon’s stubby bar-ends are great because they are small enough not to be in the way, but just enough to grab onto with thumb and middle finger.

The grips themselves are also excellent: a wider platforms relieves the pressure a great deal when holding the bar palms facing down, and don’t let the wrist rotate downward on long rides.

Thoroughly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment