What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

17 Jun 2010

MET Forte review

After my Limar 757 (777) helmet broke, I replaced it with an MET Forte (of which I recently posted an update on its performance after 18 months of use)




The MET Forte is an exceptionally light helmet for the price (£54.00 from Halfords): only 230 grams with all the accessories.



It features large apertures at the front, which channel the air over the head and towards the back of the head.
It is wholly made in Italy according to the literature, and the craftsmanship is on par with the other helmets.


The most important thing when looking for a helmet is that it fits well.
This helmet comes in only one size: 52 to 59 cm.
I am between 57 and 58 cm depending on my hair style and whether I wear a cap during the winter.
That means this helmets fits me perfectly well and is close enough to my scalp to ensure greater safety on impact yet allow the air channels to function properly.
It is also the right shape and there are no protruding parts inside.
On the contrary, I found all the Giro and Bell helmets in the same (and higher) price range to be uncomfortable, due to either their shape or the sizing mechanism at the back.


The shape is certainly modern (it is a 2010 model) and gives an aggressive racer look. It does not come with a visor option. It sits low enough on the forehead yet does not interfere when tucked in to an aero position.
The Safe-T light adjustment at the back is not as good as the Limar's, but it is a tried and tested option which I know won't break as easily.
It also sits lower round the back, which fits my head shape better.

2 comments:

  1. i am thinking about to buy that helmet would you say that i should buy this one or Met estro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have direct experience of the MET Estro, but from the literature, it seems to be sold at the same price point with similar features.
    I won't comment on the looks.
    What I know is that MET is now selling an improved version of the Forte, called Fortissimo, which features a roller adjuster at the back, and gel pads.
    The Fortissimo costs little more than the Forte and might just be the one you want.

    ReplyDelete