What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

27 Feb 2010

Trailgator review

Today Daniele, Geeta and I went for a ride.

The cool thing was, Geeta was able to pull Daniele's bike thanks to the Trail-gator!

The Trail-Gator is a device that attaches to the adult's bike and allows a child's bike to be pulled behind.

First I went with Daniele for a quick ride down the road. We then rode back home, where Geeta got to familiarise herself with the setup of the two bikes being connected together.


Geeta and Daniele were then off for a ride together.


Once we got to the recycling centre down the road, Daniele wanted to ride on his own. We quickly detached his bike from the trailgator and he was then free to go where he wanted.


The great thing was, he is now starting to understand how to balance his weight on the bike, and he pedals very fast. He even managed to pedal up a steep hill all by himself.


He still needs the stabilisers but they are lifted from the ground and only touching when he leans to the sides.



We took a couple of videos of it and published them on YouTube:








2 comments:

  1. Hi Felippo. I'm a sometime reader of your blog which I stumbled across a few weeks back. I'm also a Sustrans liaison ranger for the Erewash Valley (Notts/Derbyshire area). Our blog, which you are very welcome to read, is http://erewashvalleyrangers.blogspot.com/
    I'm interested to see that, like the government - and myself, you have targets! I managed just over 6000 km last year (my record was 6708 km in 2008) and so far I have done about 1200 km this year.
    I have a grand-daughter of only 3 months but already I am thinking of how to get her on a bike! I was inspired by your videos!
    My son and daughter-in-law live in Didcot, not so very far from you, and I have ridden a bit in that area. I need some bits of NCR4 around Reading and London, etc, to complete London to Bristol. Maybe I'll bump into you one day! Good riding to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for reading my blog!

    It seems your goals are pretty impressive and this shows dedication. Well done!

    In my latest blog entry I have described how I tought my 3 year old to ride a bike and my advice is now apparently a sticky thread on bikeradar.com, called Teaching them to ride:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12694331

    Hopefully this advice will help you get your grand-daughter to ride in no time!

    ReplyDelete