What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

3 Feb 2010

Sustrans National Route 4: Maidenhead: daily maintenance...

On a cold, icy morning...


I rode my bicycle to work!



Not trusting the icy roads, I pushed the bike all the way to school, with my son on the child seat, and then cycled back. Fortunately I left some air out of the tyres, which helped with traction.

On the NCN 4, at the A404 under passage, I found this:


A child's electric trike!
It was left on the cycle track by some one who obviously didn't think of the danger it might have caused.

Because I was going at some speed, I waited until I was at the other side of the underpass and did a u-turn.

As I was cycling back to the underpass, I got caught in some overgrown bush!


It turned out this bush had thorny branches and I think again, this was quite dangerous.
So I parked my bike like in the good ol' days, using the pedal on the kerb:


And I ripped the thorny branch away from the bush, and away from the cycle track for that matter!


Yes, I did move the child's abandoned and broken electric trike.

It was still there, on the side, on my way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment