What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

11 Jul 2012

Cycling routes on Google

From just about now (time of writing) in the UK, Google Maps has enabled cycling directions, which use Sustrans routes!




This shows the route that I would normally take if I were to commute from Wokingham to Maidenhead (which I don't anymore...)


It uses National Cycle Route 4 at just about the right point on my old commute.


I will try and chart out other routes of interest.


I don't think this will replace dedicated website for cycle touring trips or for dedicated training rides, but it will be very useful for cyclists who want to explore a new area and need a quick route lookup.


Unfortunately, I am wondering what this will mean for iPhone users when iOS 6 will launch without Google Maps support. Will Google Maps directions still work in Safari?

No comments:

Post a Comment