What 700x25 RoadTubeless tyre for my road bike?

8 Apr 2011

Kickstand

Soundgarden knew what they were talking about, when they wrote their song Kickstand.


So I bought myself a kickstand for my commuter.

I didn't know which one to get, so I popped into my local Halfords and bought a centre/side adjustable kickstand. Probably one of the cheapest on the market.

I fitted it in minutes, and to this day (2 months later) I am still reaping the benefits.

The benefit of not needing a wall to stand my bike against when loading and unloading my panniers.

The benefit of:

  • being able to easily attach and detach my son's trail-gator;
  • knowing that my bike won't just fall off when waiting for me outside in the rain;
  • not leaning my bike against the corners of my garage walls scratching the leather saddle;
  • being able to stop just about anywhere and take a picture of my trusty steed.

If you were ever wondering if a kickstand is worth the extra (but negligible) weight, let me tell you that it most definitely is!

No comments:

Post a Comment